10/27/10

Snowgasm

As soon as I opened my car door the crisp mountain air flooded through my nasal passage, invigorating my soul. I was at 9000ft. elevation, surrounded by breathtakingly beautiful rockies. Snow canvassed the aprons of the amazing geologic formations we call simply call mountains. It was chilly and I was anxious to pop my powder cherry. I was in Little Cottonwood Canyon at one of the few places on earth that still openly practices some form of genocide, Alta Ski Resort. I know, it's still only October, but we received our first kiss from the snow goddess. She blessed us with 3 feet of her of fluffy white ice crystals for all of us winter enthusiasts to enjoy. She is a mystical being that can be extremely fickle with her white gift, but today she proved why we worship her. If you are reading this, oh snow goddess, I LOVE YOU. The snow was extremely light and the terrain was boney, but I didn't care, I was in the snow! I was surfing the white wave! I can say for sure now that I have been bitten by the bug, the poison is flowing through my blood stream, I am infected! Yesterday was just a taste of the amazing platter we are going to be served up this winter. To keep the snow goddess's good faith, I urge all of you to get out there and show her your best snow dance. Take what she gives and enjoy it. Oh, and always pray for more snow! There is no such thing as too much snow.
Look at all that snow!!

1 comment:

  1. So the god of snow(winter) name is Ullr..He is a man, not a women. So you should do a sexy dance for him. I bet he appreciates it when you strip, too.

    ReplyDelete