10/25/10

First Snow!


just plain old glorius
I awoke this morning cold and shivering in my bed and thought to myself, where is my damn duvet cover? It was unusually cold in my normally warm, cozy bed. My mind slowly began to churn and soon I was making butter. The weather forecast that I have been checking at least 5 times a day since last Friday suddenly popped into my head. "There is a winter storm warning in effect for the Wasatch Front with 2 to 3 feet of snow predicted through Tuesday." (use your best anchorman voice for that) I sprang to my feet, threw on whatever clothes were on my floor and ran outside. A mix of rain and snow was gently falling (slush!!) The grass and my car were covered with a fresh blanket of wet snow. In the northwest we call the wet, heavy stuff, "Cascade Concrete." Oh, the memories. The streets were glimmering from the
"tunnel vision"
moonlight and were in stark contrast to the pristine white grass and cars. It was our first beautifully, cold and wintery morning. The season's are shifting here in Salt Lake, winter is coming and we all just got our first lick of it today. It tastes delicious! The transformation has already begun. The ski bums are beginning to return from their long summers of hard work. The gear whores are buying the latest ski and snowboard tech. Ski
everyone loves a snow bunny
bunnies are already planning out their mountain steez. Everyone is getting stoked for winter. Soon enough we'll all be choking on blower snow as we slash magnificent pow turns on the aprons of the Wasatch. I have a good feeling about this winter!




No comments:

Post a Comment