6/1/11

Week 1 + Some

Hey Friends! So, I'm a week into my new eating plan and things are going great. My appetite has begin to calm down and I'm not as ravenous as a fat lady at McDonalds anymore. Thank you, God! My energy levels have remained high and I'm not snacking every other hour like I used to. My gut still feels about the same so I hope to see some improvement there over the next few weeks. I've also been getting back on the bike much more in the last week and because of that, I have had to incorporate more carbs before, during and directly after my rides. I'm hoping this cycling season I can keep the 5 lbs that I've gained since last years all time low. Being light is great for climbing, but horrible in the flats. I need to maintain a healthy balance. Wish me luck with that!

My knee that I had surgery on a month ago is holding up well and taking all the pain I can throw at it and spitting it out right back at me! I still have some minor swelling and it gets stiff and a little sore after being on my feet all day at work. Despite all those minors downers, I went out to the RMR Crit races last night and hung in there for a middle of the pack finish in my first "race" back after only a month! I'm definitely stoked to be riding hard again (and pain free!!), but I have a lot of catching up to do before I can think about doing some damage in any upcoming races. My knee is sore today, but I don't think I've set myself back, it just needs a day or two of rest before I get back on the horse.

The old family comes into town tonight!! WOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment