6/7/11

Week 2

Well gang there isn't much new to report with my Paleo EP. My energy levels have remained constant and I have noticed much, if anything, of a change in how my stomach feels. I'm still only halfway to the recommended 30 day challenge. I'm slowly getting used to planning out every meal and really starting to enjoy it...most of the time. My new passion is cooking with loads of olive and coconut oil, damn, it makes everything tastes so much better. In case you were wondering, here is what a typical day of food intake looks like for me:

Breakfast:
  • Frittada loaded with eggs, sausage, mushrooms, asparagus, spinach, cilantro, thyme, jalapeno, onion, avocado and garlic all cooked in coconut oil.
  • Bowl of fruit: raspberries, blue berries and black berries.
  • Coffee with heavy whipping cream
Lunch:
  • Pork Shoulder cooked in the crock pot with garlic, onions, diced apple, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil.
  • Handful of roasted almonds and beef jerky
  • Banana
Dinner:
  • More Pork Shoulder
  • Salad with lots of greens and veggies
I am constantly drinking water throughout the day and will usually have a snack or two in between meals which consists of an apple with almond butter or a smoothie with frozen berries, almond milk, spinach, scoop of whey protein powder and a banana. If I'm still hungry at night I'll make a bowl of popcorn cooked in coconut oil instead of vegetable or canola oil as they contain lots of the short chain omega 6 fatty acids that I'm already trying to balance out with omega 3s.

So in light of that delicious menu, I think it's time for breakfast! 

No comments:

Post a Comment