6/19/11

When nature and pollution combine to make something gorgeous.

A visually striking sunset can make you dizzy like the way a beautiful girl can make your head spin. As humans, it's our nature to be drawn to the beautiful and exquisite. They grab and pull you in and soon you forget how you got to where you were but you don't really care. I caught a glimpse of this sunset through my window as I was closing my blinds to snuggle with myself for the evening and the next thing I knew, I was on my roof staring into the eyes of a beautiful girl we call "sunset." She had the most vibrant glow and I was instantly mesmorized by the captivating scene in front of my eyes in my very own city. These are the simple pleasures in life that make us appreciate choices we make. They can unlock hidden away happiness that is stored in the darkness of our minds. 

Sometimes we can get stuck on something that we thought was "everything" but in  the scheme of things is contrived and trivial. It's hard to let go, but once you can, there is a moment where you feel free, free until it clouds your mind again like that first glass of wine...when does it truly release it's grasp? I guess it must be when you accept and stop hoping. It's funny that a simple thing that occurs everyday can stir up your mind and rearrange a thought that is always in the background to brimming on the surface of every firing nueron in your brain. Perhaps we'll never understand parts of ourselves, but at least we have the sunset to show us how beautiful life can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment