5/25/11

Paleo Diet

Today is Day 1 of my Paleo-Diet trial. I am going to give it a proper go because I have been having gut irritation and over inflammatory problems for over a month now. The basics of the Paleo diet are high protein, moderate fat and low carbs. This means tossing out all the bread, grains (my beloved quinoa..), pastas, peanuts (no peanut butter...oh god!), juices, dairy and anything else that is a refined packaged item. Most of these items won't be much of an issue for me to give up, but I can only imagine what a struggle for some it would be to give up bread, dairy and cookies! My roommates love their ice-cream and this is a big no-no on the Paleo diet and I could just see this as a deal breaker for them. Haha! I love them.

So, basically what today is going to consist of is going home and cleaning out the cupboard and fridge of all the no-no items. Then going to the store and shopping....Fuck! But, I am incredibly curious to see whether or not this diet will help out with my issues and give me a performance boost on the bike. I have acquired the book, "The Paleo Solution, The Original Human Diet" by Robb Wolf from my Mom. Thanks Mom. This will be my food "bible" for the next few weeks. I have also been listening to Robb Wolf's podcasts and they are really interesting and he's entertaining too. He's not some fucking science dork, he's an athlete, he's funny and he doesn't have a filter.


I think the biggest issue for me will be the alcohol. I am definitely not going to stop completely, but tone it down...a lot. I'll keep my blog updated on my progress and hopefully I'll see some positive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment