5/27/11

Paleo Diet - Day 2/2.5

Yesterday was my first "real" Paleo day. After work I hit up the great Costco. Damn, I love going there and hate checking out because I always end up spending way more than I intended to! $150 later I am now fully stocked for my Paleo adventures with the exception of fresh veggies. So, I'm walking down aisle after aisle just looking at foods and going, "Damn, that looks tasty, but Shit, I can't have that." I think that happened about 50 times and all the free samples...Oh it was a little painful to pass up the bagel bites and fish sticks! It's amazing how many foods you cannot eat on this plan. But I am pretty stoked about the bacon and sausage coming back into my life. 
That is one HUGE jug of Olive Oil!
 I think I am going to be having a difficult time with breakfast. My stock oatmeal is out the window, it was so easy and it filled me up for a solid few hours. I'm going to try making a Quiche the night before work  and eat that for breakfast...we'll see how motivated I stay with that idea. I've read that some people will just drink the Olive Oil straight up to supplement their breakfast....ugh! But I suppose I'll end up trying it.

On Day 2 I felt a little different, definitely a little more gassy with upped protein intake. 140 grams of protein is a lot! Paleo recommends 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight!! I found an awesome recipe for jerky that I'm psyched to try out. Check it out BEEF JERKY!.

Well, that's about all I have to report since Day 3 has only just begun. Gotta replenish my body after my first Team bike ride of 30 miles. Damn, they kicked my trash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment