12/22/10

Plowder

Winter can be such an amazing time of the year and its totally weather dependent in my case. For most people snow storms mean more stress and hassle. But to me and my fellow powder whore's its a small price to pay to ride new snow. We get stoked seeing our cars covered in snow each morning as we head out the door for work. Albeit, we don't really enjoy having to work when there's fresh pow, but it still puts a smile on my face.

 This past week the entire west coast has been getting a ton of precipitation flowing in from the Pacific. Utah has been given an amazing early Christmas present. We have received over 50 inches of snow in the past week alone! Our snow pack has finally crested 100" and its still December! It's every snow shredders dream. Freshies, powtay, riding the white wave and plowder are some of my favorites of describing the new snow.

Unfortunately, but still excitingly enough I am leaving Utah and its amazing snow pack to visit my family in Virginia for the Holidays. I've never been back east and am curious as to why I have such a bias toward it, despite never having experienced its culture and landscape. For some reason I am repelled by the east. Maybe its the crowded cities and no significant mountains part. But, I'm being honest here, I love to snowboard and quite frankly, if your state doesn't cater to my pow pow cravings then I'm just not interested. Snow or not, I'm very happy to be visiting the fam and am anxious to see them. Hopefully I'll find a good way to distract myself from the plowder here in Utah while I'm MIA. Shred hard my friends and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment